The Retail Manager is a required figure, especially since companies have started to change distribution with the opening of direct sales points. His position is equivalent to that of the commercial director of a structure with a widespread distribution.
The retail manager responds to general management and ownership, his duties range from strategic-economic analysis of the market to the selection and management of staff in the stores.
With the general management it defines the strategic lines of distribution in Italy and abroad and looks for new locations for the points of sale. Coordinates and defines the seasonal budget of the points of sale and the staff, takes care of the profitability of the stores without neglecting the renovation and construction of the new ones.
Manages area managers, inspectors, store managers and all the figures involved in the sales process to the final consumer, including the visual merchandiser.
It reports directly to the General Management and operates in complete autonomy and in accordance with company policies.
Its main responsibilities are:
• manage and develop the network of shops present and deal with the start-up of new ones;
• define commercial development strategies in the relevant market;
• achieve the turnover and profitability objectives;
• ensure the correct application of the procedures;
• coordinate the policy of purchasing, logistics and procurement of goods;
• select and manage human resources;
• develop and improve training programs for sales staff;
• act as a link between the central office and the shops in order to ensure correct communication between the departments;
• verify the Visual and Marketing procedures for the best performance of the
It is a profile that has generally gained solid experience in roles as Area Manager or Store Manager of medium / large surfaces, within the reference sector. Must have a strong propensity for team work, leadership and personnel management together with a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to work. Excellent knowledge of the English language becomes increasingly indispensable, especially in international contexts.
For this role, the evolution in Commercial Director is expected.