The Retail Manager is a required figure, especially since companies began to change distribution with the opening of direct sales points. Its position is equivalent to that of the commercial director of a structure with a widespread distribution.
The retail manager responds to the general management and to the property, its tasks range from the strategic-economic analysis of the market to the selection and management of personnel in the sales points.
With the general management he defines the strategic lines of distribution in Italy and abroad and looks for new locations for the sales points. It coordinates and defines the seasonal budget of the points of sale and the staff, is concerned about the profitability of the stores without neglecting the restructuring and the realization of the new ones.
Manages area managers, inspectors, store managers and all the figures involved in the sales process to the final consumer, including the visual merchandiser.
It reports directly to the General Management and operates in complete autonomy and in accordance with company policies.
His main responsibilities are:
• manage and develop the network of stores present and take care of the start-up of the new ones;
• define commercial development strategies in the relevant market;
• achieve the objectives of turnover and profitability;
• ensure the correct application of the procedures;
• coordinate the purchasing policy, logistics and procurement of goods;
• select and manage human resources;
• develop and improve training programs for sales staff;
• act as a link between the central office and the shops in order to ensure correct communication between the departments;
• check the Visual and Marketing procedures for the best performance of the
It is a profile that generally has gained solid experience in roles as Area Manager or Store Manager of medium / large areas, within the reference sector. He must have a strong propensity for teamwork, leadership and personnel management together with a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to work. The excellent knowledge of the English language becomes increasingly essential, especially in international contexts.
This role is expected to evolve into Commercial Director.